As a communications and culture consultancy that is built around purpose, values and sustainability, every single project we deliver at Kin&Co makes the world a little bit happier and healthier – it’s why we come to work. We are a driven and curious team of like-minded individuals and we’re looking for a Senior Account Executive to bring their own energy to our growing team.
Our model prizes flexibility, entrepreneurialism and a laser focus on people. This approach has attracted some of the best industry talent out there (we’re very proud of our team) and some of the most exciting clients, from leading tech and FMCG giants TripAdvisor, Danone and O2, to global wildlife charity WWF and homelessness charity Crisis, to #ReuseRevolution pioneers (and fellow B Corp) KeepCup.
A small company with big impact, at Kin&Co we’re known for moving the needle on huge social issues, through powerful, creative communications. For example, we were the brains behind the We Are Europe ‘Kiss of Death’ Mural, which has won numerous awards including The Drum, Marketing Can Change the World Award. It was Highly Commended twice in last year’s PR Week awards!
One of our values is Stay Playful – and although we’re an extremely busy team, we put a big emphasis on wellbeing. From our team wellbeing coach to our Wednesday Break, where we close the office every Wednesday afternoon to give people’s brains a rest – we really are trying to find a new way of working.
About the role
We are looking for a driven Senior Account Exec/Junior Account Manager, who is looking for an opportunity to fast-track their career and join our core team in our (sometimes) sunny, (always) fun office in the land of overpriced hipster coffees, Old Street.
We want someone with awesome media relations and digital skills, buckets of initiative and creative flair to join our team of savvy comms and strategy professionals. As a fast-moving and young agency, the role will offer diverse clients and lots of responsibility from the start, with the opportunity to shape the agency as we grow. One of our core values is to empower people, so the successful candidate will be given the chance to run their own projects, pursue opportunities they are passionate about and be involved in all areas of the business, with support of the team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3 years+ experience in PR, digital and comms
- Strong understanding and experience of using digital media: including experience of community management, content creation and developing social media campaigns
- Solid media relations skills in a variety of sectors/industries
- Ability to think creatively and come up with creative yet strategic communications tactics
- Great copywriting skills; including press releases, comment and web copy
- A natural networker – spotting opportunities, networking, events, loves the buzz of bringing in new clients and opportunities
- Great relationships with their clients
- An eagle-eye for detail
- Super organised and adept at managing projects from start to finish
- Great relationships with their clients
- New business experience: including researching for and attending pitches
- Comfortable working with a team
- Some experience of managing an account exec or intern
- Willing to get stuck in, and support other areas of the business where required
- Confident at speaking to new people
- Salary: £24-27k depending on experience
- Wednesday Break (to promote productivity and personal wellbeing our office closes at 1pm every Wednesday!)
- 25 days holiday a year including office shut down at Christmas
- Regular skills sharing and training sessions; plus a personalised development plan
- Flexible working – chance to work from home whenever needed
- Regular team outings including meals out, cinema trips and even axe throwing (!)
- Dynamic shared working space in Old Street with lots of other cool start-ups
- Regular informal lunchtime exercise sessions – from running club to kickboxing lessons from our resident enthusiasts
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please send your CV and a covering note with 100 words on the most creative PR campaign you’ve seen recently to email@example.com
No recruitment agencies, please.